- 1 16 oz bag of pre-riced cauliflower
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups hand-grated Cheddar (so you can avoid the anti-caking agent in pre-shredded cheese), plus 1/2 cup for topping the casserole
- 6 strips or bacon
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fry the bacon and set aside.
- Pour off some of the bacon fat and cook the diced and seasoned (s/p) chicken breasts in the remaining fat.
- Set aside.
- Sauté onions until translucent and stir in minced garlic until both are soft and fragrant.
- While onions are sautéing, boil or microwave the pre-riced cauliflower.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, rinse with cool water and squeeze excess water out with cheesecloth. (Do NOT skip this step or you will have runny, watery mac!)
- Melt the cream cheese, sour cream and shredded cheddar in a separate saucepan.
- Fold the sauce in with the cauliflower, chicken, bacon and onions.
- Stir in one egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After 30 minutes, kick up the heat to 450 and bake for another 10 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Feel free to keep it vegetarian or swap out the chicken with ground beef, turkey or pork with the chicken.
This is another one I tripled the recipe for – go big or go home…and eat leftovers…because you made enough food to feed your fam and then take for lunch the next day. Good job.