Since my Eat Your Feelings segment on the Adam Carolla Show fell on the week of Thanksgiving, I wanted to do something that people would want to make for a get-together. Something hearty and savory but without turkey and stuffing in it because I’m pretty sure you got that part covered by now!
I used a recipe by Cafe Delights as a guide but changed a few things.
These are pretty easy to make but can feel a little labor-intensive because there are a few moving parts…
But they’re SO FREAKING WORTH IT.
- Carefully rinse and dry mushrooms.
- Remove the stems carefully and chop up for the stuffing mixture.
- Set mushrooms aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown pork sausage with garlic, onion powder, sage, thyme, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning. Throw in your chopped up mushroom stems and cook down – about 4 minutes.
- Fold in the cream cheese and sour cream until everything melts together.
- Add Parmesan and parsley and mix.
- Spoon mixture into each cap and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Add a little more Parmesan and bake for about 15 more minutes.
- (If stuffing isn’t golden enough, broil so tops get crispy – check broiler every 20-30 seconds so mushrooms don’t burn!)
- Sprinkle a little more parsley on top and serve immediately to what will be VERY happy guests!