I love breakfast food. Like any time of day. But sometimes it’s nice to shake things up a bit. Behold…the frittata cup! There are lots of takes on the “egg muffin” but mine is simple and and tasty and loaded with veggies. (Feel free to change up whatever veggies ya like!)
- 16 oz pork breakfast sausage (If you use ready made breakfast sausage, there will be enough spices already mixed in to carry the whole breakfast cup!)
- 1 10 oz bag frozen broccoli
- 8 0z mushrooms
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar
- 1 bunch of chives
- 12 eggs (For a dozen muffin cups, use either one egg per cup or whisk a few splashes of heavy cream with 10 whole eggs and pour mixture 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up!)
- Brown breakfast sausage
- Thaw 1 bag of frozen broccoli (feel free to use fresh but I like the way the frozen is chopped.)
- Sauté 8 ounces of chopped mushrooms and half an onion
- Set aside after sautéing.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners
- Fill cups in this order: Broccoli first, mushroom/onion combo, crumbled sausage, shredded cheese, chive.
- Pour whisked egg into each cup.
- Pop in the oven in 350 for 20-30 minutes.
- Check to make sure the center is dry by poking it with a fork and making sure it comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve!
- *If you have any leftover sausage, cheese or chive, sprinkle over the top!
- After that, you can stick’em in the freezer or store in an air-tight container and eat throughout the weak!