The weather is getting warm warm warm and that puts me in a crisp, refreshing, salad-y mood. But salad without protein isn’t very filling and frankly not super fun.
That’s why chicken taco salad is a delicious way to go!
This easy high protein and full fat bowl is so flavorful and simple, that it makes a great lunch, a delectable dinner, a perfect meal prep or a great salad bar for get-togethers!
And what makes it even better is that I used Butcher Box chicken so I know it’s free of hormones and antibiotics and FRESH as can be. (Wanna give BB a try for a deep discount and lots of free bacon? Go to ButcherBox.com/Easy!)
- Chopped / shredded Romaine, Iceberg or butter lettuce
- 1 cucumber (or 2 Persian cucumbers), diced
- 6oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4oz cooked and seasoned chicken breast
- 1/4cup hand grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and Salsa to taste
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (optional)
- 1 handful black olives, chopped (optional)
- 1 small avocado, sliced (optional)