With all the wonderful feedback I’ve been getting on the deconstructed “egg roll in a bowl,” I’ve had some people reach out to me regarding the best way to toast almonds and I’m happy to share with you what I do!
Whether you use sliced, whole or slivered, toasting the almond brings out the most delicious flavors that compliment salads, meats, veggies, casseroles and even desserts – it’s truly a wonder nut!!
- 1 bag of slivered almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread almonds out onto one layer on cookie tray or oven-safe pan.
- Place pan in oven for 5 minutes.
- Check color and shake pan five minutes in so almonds flip onto different sides and put back in the oven for another 2 minutes or until you reach desired color.
If you want to spray a tiny spritz of olive oil onto the pan, you can, but be very careful not to overdo it or you will NOT be happy with the outcome.
For extra flavor, you can add a dash of garlic salt before roasting.
The perfect color for a toasted almond is a nice caramel color. If you’d like them a little more well-done, you can remove the pan from the oven, but keep in the pan so the almonds continue to brown on top of the stove.
Let the almonds cool or else they will be nothing more than piping hot chewy morsels.
These little pieces of crunchy goodness can keep for a few weeks in an air-tight containers are are great sprinkled over dishes or by the handful as a snack.
Some say you can microwave them, but I personally have never tried that. But if you want to toast them on the stove, try this recipe!