I don’t know what’s in the air, but more people have been talking about fried chicken lately than I’ve ever noticed in my life! Is it because we’re all quarantined in our home and at the end of the day fried chicken is the ULTIMATE comfort food??
Well after hearing about it over and over again, I had to do something about it. I searched all over the web for a great recipe and found this AWESOME one by Ketogasm.com!
I tweaked a few things but am SO grateful for the recipe I found for providing the PERFECT fried chicken foundation.
This recipe will also be PERFECT for summer picnics when we are done social distancing and can gather together for lots of great meals. But for now, let’s make it and eat it all ourselves!
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, “unfolded”
- 2 oz Mayo
- 4 tbs yellow mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pork rinds, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano (or 1 tsp Italian seasoning)
- 1 tbs dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp umami seasoning (optional)
Preheat oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine crushed pork rinds, parmesan and all dried seasonings and spread out on a plate. Set aside.
- Combine mayo, egg and mustard in separate bowl. Set aside.
- Dip chicken on both sides, then dredge chicken through pork rind mixture, coating on both sides.
- Crush pork rinds into a powder-like texture, leaving in a few larger pieces.
Combine pork rinds with thyme, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Spread out into a thin layer on a large plate or flat dish.
- Place each piece on a wire rack so it cooks / crisps on both sides.
- Cook for 40-50 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and serve with your favorite grain-free side dish!
- Chicken thighs are my favorite things to use but feel free to use breasts or even drumsticks if that’s what’s you have.
- Ketogasm’s recipe calls for dijon, but I like the more mild taste of yellow mustard and it’s way more kid friendly at our house!
- If you like your chicken with a kick, add smoked chipotle pepper or cayenne pepper into the dried seasoning mixture.
- If you want to go dairy-free, skip the parmesan. But I think it adds a nice salty, umami finish!