Whether it’s game day, a rainy day or just a day you feel like eating something oozing with creamy goodness, this cheesy chicken dip is THE THING TO MAKE! I serve it with cut up veggie slices that are sturdy enough to scoop up a heaping helping of this delicious dip. (You can even eat it with a fork. I won’t tell anyone!)
Let’s make something delectable!
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1/2 onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 2 cups cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Mayo (optional)
- 5 strips bacon
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4tsp black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Poach two pieces of chicken breast with 1 tsp salt.
- While chicken is poaching, sauté onion and garlic, cook bacon strips and grate cheddar.
- After chicken is done, fork-shred into big pieces and combine EVERYTHING (except for a little bit of the bacon cheddar and scallions) in large mixing bowl.
- Combine with electric mixer. (You can hand-mix but you’ll have to put a lot of elbow into it!)
- At this point, you COULD serve cold, but I prefer to serve warm. So…
- Put mixture in oven-safe pan / dish and cook for 15-20.
- Take pan out, sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top, broiler 2-4 min until golden and bubbly.
- Finish off with more scallions and serve this deliciousness with veggies, cheese crips or whatever you want!!