Whether it’s a side dish at a steak house or Indian sag paneer, there are few things more comforting than a silky side of creamed spinach.
So when the “naked” baked chicken I made needed a warm, comforting side dish and I hadn’t gone to the grocery store in a few days, I dug around for what I had on hand: a can of spinach, 2 tbs of butter, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, a handful of mozzarella and s/p. I had everything I needed for one of the best things that could ever happen to a vegetable.
Here we go!
- 2 14oz cans of spinach
- 2 tbs of butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- salt and pepper, onion powder to taste
- Melt 2 tbs butter in sauce pan and keep stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- Add mixed garlic, keep stirring.
- Drain and pour in spinach and stir, stir, stir 2-3 min.
- Add seasonings (s/p, onion powder to taste).
- Stir in 1/4 cream and you guessed it-keep stirring! (If you want it creamier,
- pour in another 1/4 cup heavy cream.
- Add in a handful of shredded mozzarella.
- Stir for another 5 minutes on medium heat and serve!