What was supposed to be bar menu-style chicken fingers, ended up being better-than-restaurant grain-free chicken tender parmesan!!
Who doesn’t love a delicious culinary experiment? You can use regular chicken breast as well but I’d advise you to pound it in so it’ll cook faster and the flavor will “marry” more easily.
- 12 chicken tender pieces
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pork panko
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups low sugar marinara
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- Pat chicken tenders dry and season with s/p.
- Dredge each piece through flour, then egg, then panko.
- Once you’ve done 6 of these, spray lightly with oil and put in air fryer (depending on fryer size) at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Flip after 6 minutes, turn tenders over, spray lightly with oil and put back in at 400 for 5 minutes.
- Repeat for next batch.
- Once tenders are golden / have an internal temp of at least 165, spoon half marinara onto lightly oiled pan.
- Place cooked tenders on top of sauce.
- Spoon rest of marinara over tenders.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and ENJOY!!!