Keto air fryer onion rings are the new obsession in this house. In fact, the little 5-year-old chef, requests them often and ALWAYS helps make them! (This is a GREAT recipe to make with kids. I put him in charge of dipping the rings in the pork panko after I’ve dredged them through the flour and onions.)
Have fun with it and rejoice in eating one your favorite foods again – grain and guilt-free!
- 2 large sweet onions (Vidalia, Walla Walla, etc. VERY important you use sweet onions!)
- 1 ½ cups pork panko
- ½ cup grated Parmesan (optional)
- ½ cup all coconut flour (or almond flour) *You won’t really be using a half cup of flour-just a little for dusting! But it’s easier to do when there’s enough in the bowl to swirl around.)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- S/p, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika to taste
- Pre-heat air fryer at 370 for 3-5 minutes.
- Slice onion into ¼ inch slices.
- Separate the rings and place in a pile.
- Take each ring and dredge through flour, egg and panko/parm seasoning mix, in that order.
- Place rings in AF so they’re spread out (but you can place little ones inside big ones).
- Cook at 370F for 6 minutes.
- Continue cooking in batches and serve with ranch and / or ketchup!
If you follow these directions, the plate should look like this after!