It’s easy to assume that words like “hearty” and “light” have nothing to do with each other. I mean, how can a meal be both umami-licious AND refreshing? Well it can be done! All it takes is some meat, an easy marinade and a couple veggies.
Ready to do it? Let’s go!
- 12oz Pork, shaved thin
- 1 Zucchini, spiraled into zoodles
- 1/2 large onion, diced or cut into thin strips
- I1/2 Cup chopped cabbage, bagged works fine
- Marinade Ingredients
- 2 1/2 tbs low-sodium soy sauce (You can also use tamari or coconut aminos)
- 1 1/2 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Optional: Cilantro, green onion, sesame seeds to garnish
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl, whisking together vigorously.
- Place pork in a resealable bag / container and pour marinade inside.
- Massage bag so all the meat is coated and place in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Sauté onions on medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Once onions are cooked through, add marinated pork and stir continuously until the meat is cooked through (approximately 3-6 minutes)
- Set pork on top of the zoodles and add the cabbage on top.
- Then garnish and serve immediately.